Shannon Berrey

Hiding your unmentionables

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

 

Remember when I redid my fireplace last year?

 

 

Well, I failed to share with you where we pIaced the TV components {Blu Ray player and Satellite Dish box}. And, I have gotten several requests to 'show it to us, already!!' So, here are the deets...

 

As you can see in the 'before', all of the components were slid underneath the TV. And the 'after' picture, well...it's like magic. 

 

 

Not really.....do you see them????

   

  

 

We have a receiver that has to 'see' the remote so we knew that it had to be out. We decided to make a box that would be just big enough for the components to slip in.

 

 

I didn't want the box just hanging out on it's own so we decided that under the plant would be a good spot. I wanted it to be as close to the same width of the basket as possible.  

 

 

 Using MDF, it measures 17 1/2" D x 19" L x 7". The edges were glued and then using a nail gun, nailed in place.

 

 

 

The back was made using 2 pieces so that all of the cables could slip through.

 

 

And speaking of cords...While the top was still open, Robert cut a hole in the sheetrock behind our new wood wall. 

 

 

 

They were then fished down the wall. About a 4' piece of the baseboard, to the left of the fireplace, was cut off. Notches were made in the studs and the cords were pulled through at the very bottom of the wall. They were then fed up about 18" to the new cable box.  We bought a low voltage cable plate that the TV cords exit out of and attach to the Satelite Box. {there was already an existing outlet in this area}.

 

 

 

As well as a low voltage mounting bracket device that slips into the hole in the wall and holds the above bracket in place.

 

{via}

After all the cords were pulled through, the baseboard trim was glued back on.

 

 

I wanted the box to blend in with the basket, so I primed it, then I really studied the colors of the basket.

 

 

There is a base of a taupey-gray with some lighter tans and darker browns. I painted it with Oatbran by Valspar. When it was dry, I rubbed on Tudor Brown Briwax rather heavy handedly, let it dry for a minute and then buffed it off. It gives the box varying colors and looks a lot like the colors of the basket.      

 

 

 




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Post has no comments. blog comments powered by Disqus

Shannon Berrey Bio
I'm an artist, interior designer, wife and mom. Join me here as I share projects, ramblings, and inspirations.
connect Email Share
Follow Me on Pinterest

Follow by Email


Paint Party
sponsors sponsor
recent posts
Browse Home Office Products on Houzz- For Example:



legacy home builders
thanks for the mention

Decor Allure
The Nesting Place
ATL Homes and Lifestyles Mag
 From the Right Bank
 Living Life Outload
 Designing Domesticity
 Fieldstone Hill
 Effortless Style
 k.f.d. designs
 
Emily A. Clark
 leaf and letter handmade
 Cottage and Vine
Wendy Updegraff
sugarplum

Rambling Renovators

Tip Junkie

Sara's Art House

High Heeled Foot in the Door

Ohdeedoh



Knock Off Decor

studioten25

Room RX

One day at a time

Upscale Downhome

archive
sponsors
sponsor
Shannon Berrey Design Blog

Grab a Button