Shannon Berrey

Edie's digs

Friday, July 13, 2012

Well, the super fab Edie has gone and done it again. Remember how fantastic the bedroom is that she decorated for her girls last year?? Well, now she's added one more super beautiful room to her gorgeous home. This time, the master, which by the way she claims is still a work in progress. 

I love that wall color {graphite: ben. moore}, don't you?? It just adds the perfect backdrop to bounce the glimmer of the mirrored glass edged tufted headboard and crystal chandelier. With the richness of the walls, I love all of the white and the punch of terra-cotta accents.

And take a look at the special spot where she gets to write her love letters. 

Oh, I can only imagine the drama in this bed!! I mean, you have the twins Chiang Mai Dragon 1 & 2, layered behind Ms. long, skinny striped monogram and you just know that Miss yellow flower has to work hard to keep the peace. I mean they are all just too pretty! It's like putting several NY housewives in the same room--they just can't not outdo each other!    

To see more pics and the adjoining bathroom, head over to life{in}grace

{images via life{in}grace}

Painter's Tape Contest: Design Sponge

Thursday, July 12, 2012

OK all of you creative readers, have you seen the contest over at Design Sponge?!

There is $1000 in prize money for the most unique and inventive project created with painters tape. My wheels are spinning! Check out all the details and get busy because you only have 2 weeks!  

House building tips: pictures

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I am starting a new weekly post where I will share some tips that might come in handy if you are building a home or planning a renovation.

This one is simple, but it could end up being so very important in years to come--pictures. If possible take pictures of every process, but most importantly the framing - basically the day before your sheetrock goes up. This allows you to see everything--all the electrical, the gas lines, the plumbing and the HVAC. 

At this stage you are allowed a 'behind the scenes' look at your house. You can also document where your headers are, and the distance and exact location of your studs. 

 Why is this important? If years down the road, you ever have a problem with your rock fireplace, then you could pull out your photos to show the repairman the exact location of the flue so that the least amount of damage could be done to the rock work in order to access it.


If you had problems with your gas stove, it would be extremely helpful to the repairman to know where your gas lines are. And it's always great to know where your bathroom plumbing and drains are connected. Bottom line, the less investigative work the repairman has to spend, the quicker the repair and the less green you have to spend.  

Some day, if you sell the house, pass on the pictures to the new homeowners. I'm sure they would be thrilled! If they ever decide to remove/move a wall, it would be such a benefit to have all of the framing photos to know exactly what's behind the wall and the best way to proceed.      


If you get a chance, check out my July Ideabook on Houzz in where I share some fun ideas to create a fun Camping Inspired Nursery.  

The Big Crafty: 2012

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Big Crafty lived up to its name! It's so fun to see all these young artists pursuing their passions, creating the most wonderful thoughtfully merchandised spaces, meeting their customers and sharing their creative process. There were etsy shops that I recognized from perusing their goods online and bloggers that I have read. But, it was so dang crowded that I didn't get to stalk as many as the artists as I wanted. I really tried to ask permission before I took photos, but so many were busy with customers, so I didn't get a whole lot of shots. 

  Kambra, of Arts Alive, uses airplants to create cool whimsical jewelry {1,2}. She also covered little matchboxes with pieces of tile {3}. The Wind and the Sail made the sweetest kids animals {4}. The husband and wife team of Marisol Spoon, sold these little handcrafted lockets with a print of their artwork embedded under a cabochon {5}.   

 Kristen of Mood Swing Studios had the coolest handmade jewelry. My favorite collection was her oversized soldered necklaces that she makes from vintage childrens book illustrations and collected beads. I need more money and more necks!  

All of the above are creations of one of my favorite artists at the festival, the super cute Janae of Platypusfile. This chica makes everything!

Jodi Rhoden, owner of Short Street Cakes and author of Cake Ladies: Celebrating a Southern Tradition made the bottom floor of Pack Place smell amazing!  The story behind the book:

I can't wait to get many copies of this book for all the cake ladies in my life!!

I loved the custom graffiti suitcase that The Renegade Seamstress used to tote her supplies! Brita Nordgren created delicate framed paper cuttings and Joe Redford Jr. showcased urban mixed media pieces.


Whoa!! Look who got their mugs in the newspaper!


Shannon Berrey Bio
I'm an artist, interior designer, wife and mom. Join me here as I share projects, ramblings, and inspirations.
connect Email Share
Follow Me on Pinterest

Follow by Email

Paint Party
sponsors sponsor
recent posts
Browse Home Office Products on Houzz- For Example:

legacy home builders
thanks for the mention

Decor Allure
The Nesting Place
ATL Homes and Lifestyles Mag
 From the Right Bank
 Living Life Outload
 Designing Domesticity
 Fieldstone Hill
 Effortless Style
 k.f.d. designs
Emily A. Clark
 leaf and letter handmade
 Cottage and Vine
Wendy Updegraff

Rambling Renovators

Tip Junkie

Sara's Art House

High Heeled Foot in the Door


Knock Off Decor


Room RX

One day at a time

Upscale Downhome

Shannon Berrey Design Blog

Grab a Button